Construction Management Jumpstart
The construction management industry is expected to increase employment by 16 percent over the next decade. This second edition of a bestselling introduction to construction management walks you through each stage of the construction management process.
Written from the constructor′s perspective, this book will familiarize you with all the construction management fundamentals and how Building Information Modeling (BIM) is impacting the construction management profession.
- Covers interoperability of technology advances in the construction industry
- Explains how BIM is challenging the traditional approach to project delivery and how this affects the constructor′s role
- Elaborates each stage of the design and construction process and the tasks associated with each of them
- Shows step–by–step how to estimate project costs, administer contracts, manage job site and construction operations, plan and schedule a project, monitor project performance, manage project quality and safety, and assess project risks
- Provides review questions at the end of each chapter to help enforce understanding
The tried–and–true project management principles presented in this book will help ensure you a successful start to your career.
Launch Your Construction Management CareerQuickly and Effectively
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|
How to Choose a Career Now That You're All Grown Up: Evaluating Your Interests, Abilities and Goals to Find the Career That's Right for You