Inside Book Publishing
How do publishers work and make money? Why do they exist?
This expanded and thoroughly revised fourth edition of Inside Book Publishing is designed for students of publishing, authors needing to find out publishing secrets, and those wanting to get in or get on in the industry. It addresses the big issues – globalization of publishing, the impact of the internet – and explains publishing from the author contract to the bookshop shelf.
- how the present industry has evolved
- publishing functions – editorial, design and production, marketing, sales and distribution, and rights
- the role of the author
- copyright and contracts
- the sales channels for books in the UK, from the high street to ebooks
- getting a job in publishing.
- topic boxes written by expert contributors
- a glossary of publishing terms
- suggestions for further reading
- a directory of publishing organizations
- a Companion Website at: http://www.insidebookpublishing.com/.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|
Fiction Writing Templates: 30 Tips to Create Your Own Fiction Book (Writing Templates, Fiction Writing, Kindle Publishing)
Dot Grid Journal Design Book: Blank Book Diary Notebook 8.5" x 11" 120 Pages: Perfect Writing for Bullet Journaling Cookbook Reciepes Note Unlined Unrules: Volume 3